Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Weddings...ba hum bug

I just want to throw in the towel on a couple of weddings. Guess who is planning a bachelor party? Yes, that is correct a bachelor party. You know with boobs, beer, and gambling. My husband is the best man, but has passed his duties on to me. I don't really mind helping with the planning, but it is really strange to call random men and discuss a bachelor party in Vegas. I guess that is why my hubby doesn't want to do it. He hates talking to people he doesn't know. My dress has changed for this wedding. Here's the new one. It's still pretty, but not as elegant as the first. Another girl had already chosen the first dress and the bride forgot. The new one is cheaper anyway. I am in the mood to skip the wedding all together, but I can't do that. I really wish I had an excuse.
Update on Bubba's wedding:
The bride has stopped talking to my family. She hasn't been to my grandmother's in about a month. (We go to Granny's for dinner EVERY Wednesday.) She is upset b/c my mother asked her to work out the details with my brother. WTF! It's not like Mom said you need to do it his way, she simply advised her to talk/communicate with my brother. Is that so wrong? No, b/c a marriage is not going to last unless you communicate with your spouse. I hate that things have changed so much. I loved her before all of this happened. It makes me wonder.. was that the real S or was she just waiting to get what she wanted. She had been talking about marriage since they got together. She moved in with him after dating only a month, maybe two. I really think it was just one month. I supported them. They were happy. She was sweet, nice, and easy to get along with. Oh, I don't know what to do. I'm just laying low for now.

Maybe I should go on strike. I could save a lot of money. I have 3 weddings coming up. Sept, Nov, and Dec. UGH!!! So far, the Sept wedding is going to cost a fortune.
$330 x 2 for plane tickets; $200 for my dress; $89 + tax x 2 for the hotel room; $150 for tux; Jason's time off work; any extra expenses while in Detroit; $45 each way for taxi from airport to hotel; hotel sex with hubby: priceless. Why, oh, why did I agree to this? I was flattered. I had my ego stroked when I was asked to be in the wedding. It's amazing how when someone compliments you and asks you to do something, you are more likely to do it. I should try it on my hubby.....I can see it now....
Baby, your arms are huge, can you lift this heavy trash and take it outside?
Baby, you are so hot, I want you to take off all your clothes and put them in the washing machine. Don't forget the detergent!
Okay, I'm back in reality. I'll quit bitching and go for now.

No comments: