Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Details, Details

I was so proud of myself last night. I went to Target and bought presents for a baby shower that I am attending on Saturday. Those of you who don't know me, this is a BIG deal. I usually run out the night before or the day of and try to buy at the last minute. I knew the Mom-to-be was going to find out the sex of the baby on Monday and so I looked her up on babies-r-us and for some reason it wouldn't pull up. So, my bright self decided to look her up on Target...just in case. To my wonderful research I see her name and her husband's Darren. Woohoo! I don't have to drive very far and NO one has bought anything. It says that she is having a little boy. I am so excited that I have figured all this out without even having to bother the expecting Mother. Maybe I should be a Privite I. I assume she must have registered after she found out the sex and is extremely excited about her shower at the Raquet Club on Saturday. How good am I? Fabulous, not only do I have an entire registry to choose from, I am not waiting until the last minute. Go me, Go Mrs. G. You see, the mom-to-be is living in England. Her husband is from England and she moved there about a year or so before they got married. I am friends with her mother and met mom-to-be at Bunco one night. We hit it off and next thing I know, I am at a bachelorette party and a wedding. We email back and forth a bit. Tonight at Huey's I ran into the mom-to-be and her sister. (i was so craving a cheeseburger after chasing kids at field day. lucky will tell you how bad i looked) I am completely embarassed b/c I look like hell. So, I say hi, congrats, I hear its a boy. Oh, how? Well, I saw your registry at Target.......hmm, I didn't register at Target. oh, I guess I need to look at that again.
---Came home and checked it out. The due date is June 22 and the name is spelled differently. HOW F'n BAD is that!!!!!! I actually printed the registry, made the cashier go back and put the items I bought on the registry, and it was the wrong F-n registry. Now, some poor expecting mother thinks someone bought her booties, mittens, a hot duck, and bath toys. I feel horrible!!!!! I hope my friend likes what the other mother registered for, b/c I'm too tired to think about it all. Lesson Learned: Pay attention to details. I am a teacher. I should know this. : (

1 comment:

What The Hell Is This? said...

lol.. poor Chrissy. I am sorry.. lol
it happens.