Tuesday, May 16, 2006

8 More Days

Sometimes I feel like I am trapped in crazy place....not my life, but my work. I was so frustrated at school today. I have a lot of patience. I really do. I just wanted to scream and run out of my class room. We have a few students that I just can't tolerate anymore of and I don't know what to do. The site of these students, their voices, their attitudes....I just can't do any more for them. I don't want to see them anymore. Then I feel bad. They are children. They might have a bad home life. Well, I am sick of excuses.....cancer as a baby, so they can't help their behavior; raised by one parent; blah, blah. Just because you don't have any money or you don't live with your dad, doesn't give you the right to yell at me, hit someone, or just be a total shit. I know I sound insensitive, but I have bent over backwards all year and now I am snapping. 8 more days and I will be free of these students. Who knows what next year will bring?!? Could it be worse? Now that I have said all that I feel a little better.

Good students - Last week was teacher appreciation week. My homeroom threw me a suprise party. It was really sweet. They had cookie cake and chips. My room was decorated. Made me feel good.

2 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

I know you are a wonderful teacher!

What The Hell Is This? said...

Honey, like Lucky said, you are a great teacher.. it is ok to get fed up. IT.IS.NATURAL. You are great and just hang on 8 more days and you can rest and get renewed for a while.