Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What is happening to this world?

As most of you realize, I am at Cheer Camp at ASU. Fun, fun, fun...Did you know that EVERY squad now gets a spirit stick? WTF? Our girls fought with each other, didn't pay attention, and didn't know part of their routine, but damn't they had spirit.(or so they were told) It's like passing kids along, holding tryouts and letting everyone on the team. We are not allowed to damage their self-esteem. I'll get off that soap box for today. Talking about our girls not paying attention, WHEW! I think they all need ADD medication. We split them into 2 rows for our cheer. 1st row performed while 2nd watched and then vice versa, only 2nd row stopped after the 1st count. They just stood there. Now, you all know that I am not a cheerleader. I have no grace or coordination. I guarantee you if my coach was watching me I would at least keep moving even if it was wrong. At least I would be trying. The 2nd row ran laps while Woody cooled off. I thought she was going to hurt them. Why would they bother coming if they don't want to participate? Frustrating... okay, funny things... Mrs. Woody and I were standing at the camp store looking at merchandise. I decide to buy a shirt. It's really cute; green and says"cheer up". I look up after I rang up and said, "I lost my Woody." I am sure I had a really sad and pathetic look on my face since I wasn't sure which way she went. The man who rang me up just stared at me. I really didn't get it at first. Then I called Lucky to check on her after the doctor's appointment. I was telling my "pet" aka my "daughter" aka Yarber how Lucky was since she is the first person besides my husband that I told. She was really excited and wanted to know how long it would be before they would know the sex of the baby and all the cool details. (not the nasty ones) So a few girls overheard us and then one asked me when I was having a baby at the same time I answered another little girls question. This is what it sounded like:
GIRL: when are you having a baby?
ME: Thursday or Friday
GIRL: You're pregnant! and I don't know!
ME: What are you talking about?
I wasn't even listening to her, but when she told me what she thought I had answered, I was laughing pretty good. Yeah, I think I want a baby so I'll just have one this weekend so I can bring it to school on Monday. Show and Tell at 10.

Turning in for the evening. I think all the girls are tucked in and may actually go to sleep. They are exhausted. Thank goodness. : )

No comments: