Wednesday, June 07, 2006

UTM Day 1 & 2

Well, we have survived 2 days of our Physics class. We are going to get some really cool supplies. Monday we played with some computer hardware that we hooked up to a motion detector. It graphed the position and velocity of the movements. Way cool! But, you do have to be a dork like me to really appreciate these things. Today we got a cart that sits on a track. The track is 120 cm long, so it fits on a lab table. There are so many things that you can do with this. We got a fan to hook to the cart and thrust it forward. Yes, I said thrust. Airplanes use propellers to move or thrust. Fun stuff.
Okay, enough about the class work. Let’s get into the people that are taking this course. You have 2 young, fabulous girls, but I’m sure you can guess who they are. Then we have KIA, aka Know It All. He is a rather large man and has to comment on everything. He keeps turning around and trying to give us the “teacher look.” HELLO! I am a teacher that look does NOT scare me! He also has to interrupt the teacher continuously. We found out that he is military background and is one of those. I love military men, but you know what I am talking about. There are those that bring that forcefulness into their everyday life and think they rank over everyone. KIA was sitting at his lab table and I noticed something a little odd. I don't have boobs, so this does not apply to me. Have you ever heard of the pencil test? If you put a pencil under your boob and it falls out your still perky and if it stays, well, you need more support. I promise you this man had a bright orange UTM pencil stuck under his left breast. I don't think he knew it was there. I think it must have rolled off the table and found a good lodging place in his chest. I wanted to call the Funny line like those commercials that rate how funny something is.
We then have Shelby. She is a hoot. She is about 50 and races BMX. She came down to our room last night and drank with us. We sat out on the balcony of the Days Inn watching the cars go by and before we knew it we had a whole crowd around us. We have a lady that we call Ms. Priss. She thinks that she is better than everyone, but wants to fit in. She freaked out last night when someone told her there were dildos at a fun party. I don't know what she thought a fun party was. My other favorite lady is Beth. She is really nice and funny. Today we went to Buck's Party Mart in Fulton to get more boos. I paid 8.75 for a 12 pack of Coors Light! (that's cheap, Lucky) We went with Diana. She is another older lady that divorced her husband 2 years ago. She is constantly on match.com or telling us stories of the men she meets. She's wild. Not sure how much of her I will be able to handle. not a good wild, but more of an annoying wild.
I am the youngest one in the class, go figure.
TTFN It's time to open the fridge and pull my chair to the balcony. ; )

No comments: