Monday, June 12, 2006

"Is your head on its period?"

The title is an actual quote from one of my cheer girls today. Do you see what I am dealing with for a week in AR??? The squad down the hall came to see us. They were being silly. By silly, I mean they were running up and down the hall with a towel draped down their back like superman, a bra over their shirt, and a pair of panties on their head. My girls decided to take pictures of them. I would have too, since it was such a strange sight. However, the girls reaction to such a strange question was priceless. Girls, in middle school.......
It is now 1130! screw grammar...i have been trying to type this damn thing since about 10. we had a girl that kept crying b/c she was homesick. her roommate would come get us, we'd talk her down, try to go to sleep. doors open..we yell...doors close. then a few minutes ago, we heard some loud sounds. one of the girls called the other a name and now she is crying. uhh! okay, apologize and go to bed. check on the next room...door flies open and a cell phone is shoved in my face.."uh..this is Mrs. Gordon."
Phone: "this is A*'s mom, she thinks she just started her cycle for the first time."
ME: as in she has never had a period.
Phone: Yes.
ME: okay, i can handle this (talking out loud to myself)
Phone: Thank you so much.
ME: does she know what it is?
PHone: yes, we have talked about it.
ME: oh, thank goodness. I wasn't sure I was prepared for THAT talk.

So I had to go bother some girls to come up with pads. she sure doesn't know what to do with a tampon. And I only had tampons. At least, now I know why she was crying earlier. do you remember the first time you started your period? I do. I was 10-1/2 to the day. i can't imagine doing it away from home. It was okay at first. Then, I got older and it got worse. It's hard being a woman.

3 comments:

takinchances said...

I had just turned 11 and was at summer camp. I had no freaking idea that that's what had happened. When I got home and told my mom...she laughed....a lot.

Yea, being a woman is hard!

Silly Hily said...

I don't remember when or where I got my period. I think it was sometime in the sixth grade.
Are you at cheer camp? Is that where you are? OH, BLESS YOUR HEART!
LMAO!!!!!!!

Lucky Gem said...

Wow, 10 & 1/2, I didn't realize you were so young. I was 12 and my stepdad went to the store and bought me some pads and a card...a card. All I remember is it had cows on it. I would not relive that day over again.