Monday, June 26, 2006

Camping

Jason and I left Friday afternoon to go our annual camping trip at Spring River. We really should have stayed home because we'd already spent $400 on Molly. She was bit by a snake. I don't know if I can handle having kids, since I was completely freaked out because my cat was sick and I didn't know what was wrong. She would just meow and bear hug me. She still has a swollen area under chin, but it is shrinking and she is killing moles again. On to camping.....

Friday night was a pretty normal night of sitting around the fire, drinking beer, and catching up with friends. We went to bed and I slept like a log. I missed some excitement though. One of my friends sleeping in another tent heard a truck stop outside our camp site. When she got up to investigate there was a KA frat boy looking for our coolers to get more beer! There was a huge amount of KA's at the campground and about 7 had been thrown out before they ever unloaded their trucks. Stupid frat boys. I have a hard time with college age kids. The girls that were with them all got up early Saturday morning to shave and put on make-up before going down the river. I don't understand that. Camping is a weekend of few showers and no make-up.

Saturday we went canoeing. Last year was Jason's first year to ever canoe. We did great last year. This year....I spent more time in the river than out. Our worst tump was my fault. Our friend S had just flipped and made it over to where we were hanging out. The movement of him coming by, moved us, and we were about to hit him in the back of the neck. I was scared that we would decapitate him or something, so I jumped ship. BAD MOVE! I went down Dead Man's Curve on my back and my side. There is nothing but shallow, fast moving current over huge rocks. Jason was behind me, so everytime I would feel a rock slam into my body I yelled, "Rock!" And in about 1 or 2 seconds you would hear Jason yell some four letter word. When I got out of the water, I was very happy to be alive able to stand. I had some boo-boos, like a golf ball on my left knee, a cut about 2 inches long just above my hip that wraps around my side, and scrapes down my back. I was bleeding, but okay. I posed for a few pics. (I'll post those when I get them from my friends.) We got back in the canoe and went on our journey down the river. That is when I found my biggest injury or as Jason calls it, my boomerang. I have a bruise from the bottom of my rose tattoo that curves down to the back of my knee. It looks kinda black today. It was a really pretty blue when I first noticed it. It's raised above the skin, too. So, needless to say We sucked at staying in the boat this year. Fun times.

5 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Hey, Mrs. G, aren't you an Enriched English teacher? Is it "was bit" or "was bitten"....

Lucky Gem said...

I could be totally wrong cuz "bitten" looks kinda fun now that I go back and look at it.

takinchances said...

I'm so glad your cat is better! My cats are my children so I totally feel your pain.

And your picture was in the paper Sunday. You are a celebrity!

Sounds you had a fun time!

Blue Angel said...

Oooh!Oooh! I am so glad someone else saw my pic. I am so famous. (looking at my nails and sighing)

It's Kimpossible! said...

Way to ride the waves, lol! Sounds like a good time, even if it came at a cost. And I completely agree, when you are out in the woods, fighting off m-effing BEES, and eating food cooked over a fire, that is not that time to worry about putting on your Very Berry lipstick.