Friday, November 03, 2006

Wild Child

I don't understand how some of my students think that their behavior is okay. I know they weren't taught manners at home and that is the main problem. Everyday, I have duty in the bus lane. I walk the bus riders out monitor students while they go to their bus. Everyday, we have students that play and wander instead of getting on the bus. Well, today, I had one student shock the hell out of me. I know it won't sound as strange in writing as compared to being there. I'm standing beside my teammate talking and cutting up, when all of a sudden I see F running at me. Yes, at me... kind of like a bull charging. He proceeds to jump AND wrap his ARMS AND LEGS around my body. He is then hanging on me and I am just too stunned for words. My teammate begins to yell at him. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. I didn't want to drop him and hurt him, but I sure as hell didn't want to hold him and encourage the behavior. He finally got down and went to his bus. I'm still in shock. Can you believe that a 6th grade boy just ran and jumped on me? Wow! This is also the second day in a row that someone has pulled the fire alarm when busses were being dismissed. All I can say is that there is never a dull moment. : )

1 comment:

What The Hell Is This? said...

holy crap?? A 6th grader??? what was the deal???