Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sleeping with a Cat

Sleep! Who needs it? I really think my cat is trying to prepare me for motherhood. She comes to bed sometime between 3-5 AM every night. If she would just plop down and start snoozing it would be all good. No, she feels the need to knead on my neck or nuzzle in my face. She loves to talk so she tells me all about her day. The usual cat stuff like
I climbed a huge tree today. When I got to the top I chased a bird.Then I decided to get a snack so I went hunting for moles. After all the excitement I took a nap and when I got up I played with my brother. (our dog).
She then proceeds to tell me that I am the best mom a cat could ever have. I don't yell at her for bring "presents" or "offerings" in the house, I always love on her and feed her. She really is a sweet kitty and very pretty, but I would much rather talk when I am not sleeping. So, I think she is trying to prepare me b/c I may not have any kids, but I know that they never do things when it is convenient. She woke me up at 3:45 this morning. It is now 4:50 AM. I really need my beauty sleep. She doesn't understand that it is hard to go back to sleep after so many intriguing conversations, not to mention the weight of a cat on your chest or head. If she's on my head it's over - I can't breathe through the cat. I tried to switch to my ears, but I couldn't figure out how to get my lungs to go along with it. Maybe that's another prep. She knows children can "be the death of you." She usually settles on either side of me curled up under my arm. Aww! She's so cute. I really just wish I could flip over now. Why don't I just do it you ask. Well, she will then have a lenghty conversation with me about how she was trying to sleep and I woke her up.
Mom! Stop moving. I am trying to sleep here. Didn't I tell you that I had a long day and I need to rest. How am I going to hunt tomorrow if you won't let me sleep. Purrrrrrrrrr.
I seriously have never been around a cat that talks this much. She will come in the doggy door and announce her presence.
"Meeeeoooow!" translated "Honey, I'm home!"
It's now five and I just fed her, so maybe she'll let me go back to sleep.

2 comments:

Silly Hily said...

That was freakin' hilarious. Honey, I think you need to go back to bed. She does sound like a good little prep kitty for motherhood.

Lucky Gem said...

Tell Molly that Aunt Jana said that you need your sleep and she doesn't want me to sick Cody on her, although I think she could take him.