Friday, September 08, 2006

Girl

I don't know if I can express how excited I was to find out that Lucky was having a girl. I would have been equally excited if it was a boy. I am just so glad that I can now finally call my niece a niece, baby girl, she, her, etc. It seems like only yesterday Lucky called and told me the news. I ran outwith pickles in tow to calm her or just shriek with excitement. While I can barely tell that this life is growing inside her I can't help but think about what is to come. I wonder if our children will go through the same realization that I went through with my mom's best friend's family. "what?!?! we aren't really related? (crying)" I can't wait to welcome her into the world, make her laugh, watch her take her first step, hold mom's hand when she goes off to kindergarten...oh, I could go on and on. But, I will stop before I cry. Most of all, I really want this little girl to know how loved she is and how many of us are waiting to be a part of her life.

2 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Thanks, that's all I need is to cry first thing in the morning. I have a feeling you'll be the favorite aunt!!

What The Hell Is This? said...

She is going to be lucky to have you in her life. Very.