Monday, July 17, 2006

lalalalalalalalala...good things

I woke up this morning about an hour after I wanted to get up. I am trying to start getting up early and getting somethings done since school is right around the corner. Well, I was tired and couldn't budge. I finally rolled out of bed around 8:30. I decided that I needed some stress therapy and since so many of my friends and co-workers have tried one particular thing, I would too. I am a dumbass. I went running at 8:30 in the morning. I am not a runner. I am trying to build up so I can run with my cheer girls when school starts back. AND I can not have them out doing me. But, while I was running (running in between the walking) I started thinking. I can do this. I can handle teaching the 5th grade students. I'm going to sit down and do lesson plans tonight. I can just break them all down in the beginning and then we can build together. I'll just make one cry the first day or maybe one a day to shown them who's boss. I am totally kidding about the crying part. They do that all on their own. I came home from running (walking) and had TWO messages from my principal. Not one, but TWO. hmmm....I'm very curious. I thought it was going to be about the presentation that I have to give on Thursday to my entire faculty. No! I was wrong. I was moved back to 6th grade!!!! I am the happiest woman alive. I now feel like I can run 100 miles. (Don't worry, I won't even try.) I wanted to stay where I was so that I could use all my things from last year. And I am on a team with my bestest school friend. Could things get better??? YES! She teaches Enriched and I will have an Enriched class. So, I am not cooking dinner tonight. We will be going out to El Patron (the best Mexican restaurant here in Bartlett) and I will have a big margarita or maybe a beer. But now I am going to concentrate on going to Florida. We leave Saturday!!!! Lucky and her husband are coming with us. : )

2 comments:

takinchances said...

All of that is super fabulous!
Be careful with the running, especially in this heat. If you are really interested in running or building up your stamina, let me know.

Silly Hily said...

You and Lucky are going to FL!!!?? Damn! If I have to hear about one more person going on vacation I'm going to puke.
(Kidding! Just jealous as always. Have a fabbo time.)
Dude, congrats on getting to stay at 6th grade! That's awesome. Keep up with the running. Don't let those bratty girls out-do you. Plus, I promise, you will feel good after you do it first thing in the morning and it will give you more energy.